On January 13, 1998, Network of Church Administration (NCA) was established in 1998 with representatives from the following churches:
- Church of the Great Commission, Camp Springs, Maryland
- Ebenezer AME Church – Fort Washington. Maryland
- Faith AME Church – Laurel Maryland
- First Baptist Church of Glenarden – Landover, Maryland
- Greater Mt. Calvary Holy Church – Washington, D. C.
- Reid Temple AME Church – Glenn Dale, Maryland
- Union Bethel AME Church – Brandywine, Maryland
- Victor Christian Ministries International – Clinton, Maryland
- The Sanctuary at Kingdom Square – Capitol Heights, Maryland
The atmosphere of this first official meeting was filled with encouragement and love as each administrator was thankful for the vision of Pastor John K. Jenkins, Sr., Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Glenarden. The group agreed to meet on the second Tuesday of each month with the meeting being held interchangeably at the participating churches.
After six months, it was agreed to plan a retreat and develop requirements to solidify an official body. The first retreat was planned for June 9-10, 1998 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Washington D. C.
After much discussion, the group agreed to formally organize and established the vision, mission and purpose statement for its newly founded organization – NCA. Its purpose is to promote excellence in church administration by:
- Edifying the ministry of the Pastor
- Providing professional development opportunities
- Providing personal support
- Enhancing policies and procedures
If you’re interested in:
- Promoting excellence in church administration
- Receiving personal support
- Enhancing church policies and procedures
Let us help you reach your professional and personal goals.
Membership benefits include:
- Top notch professional advice and training related to current issues such as finance, staffing, legal and risk management, property management, expansion, strategic planning, etc.
- Career development and training opportunities.
- Access to a network of professional colleagues.
Exclusive member rates for seminars and conferences.